Buying online can be a safe and a enjoyable experience but it is important to make sure of the following, especially if you are buying electronic goods.
1. Always purchase from a GST registered New Zealand company or business that is actually based in New Zealand not in some overseas country. Remember its not hard to register a New Zealand ".co.nz" domain name and give the impression you are a New Zealand business when in fact the business is located in another country, thousands of km's away.
2. Customer support is everything. If you are about to buy a new phone, you need to know that the company or business you are buying from will stand behind their product and their warranty obligations. Don't become a disappointed customer like these people here who most definitely regret buying their phone from one of our competitors.
3. Watch out for sites that offer a "trade only no warranty" low price for their goods. Never buy electronic goods without a warranty as even small repairs can be extremely expensive. We are a professional and ethical company that offers the same low prices and a 12 month warranty to all our customers!
4. Don't be sucked in with promises of 24hr delivery with heaps of conditions attached. Remember the devil is always in the detail! We hold many phones in stock, just ask us and we will let you know if the model you want is in stock locally and if so we will courier out that same day if your order by 3pm.
5. Watch out for sites that suddenly raise their prices then offer you some "free exclusive warranty" or "free exclusive product". It's not free, your paying for it. Be aware and don't get scammed!
6. Be extremely careful of drop shippers on various auction sites and marketplaces selling cheap phones who claim to be in New Zealand but are really based overseas, their advertising can easily mislead you. Alert - click here to take a look at all the buyers who are now in a world of pain due to an overseas drop shipper selling on Trade Me who has failed to deliver goods to many of Trade Me's members!. You may need to log into your Trade Me account to view this.
7. Websites offering "0800" or "0508" numbers may look like they are in New Zealand but they could very well have a redirection on these numbers that get answered in another country.
8. Buying from a New Zealand company or business gives you a lot of protection in relation to your purchase. If you purchase from an overseas company or business and something goes wrong, their promises about service and product warranties are not binding in New Zealand and are worthless. This could end up costing you a lot of money. It's just not worth the risk!
9. Buying from a New Zealand company that offers proper local customer support is worth its weight in gold if you have an issue with the item or product you purchased. Don't risk it, buy from a trusted GST registered New Zealand company like ours.
10. Only a New Zealand GST registered company, business or sole trader can provide you with a tax invoice, which for business people is very important. Without a tax invoice you cannot claim a GST input credit.
Rugged Phones NZ Ltd (NZBN 9429047379831) the owner of this website, is a GST registered New Zealand company (GST # 128520295) based in Christchurch.