Important - Please Read
Buying online can be a safe and a enjoyable experience but it is important to take note of the points below, when buying electronic goods such as rugged phones.
1. Buy your rugged phone from a specialist rugged phone store like ours. Unlike some of our competitors, we don't sell men's shavers, flashing led lights or home and garden products, yep, we kid you not!! Rugged Phones NZ are the only specialist rugged phone store in New Zealand.
2. Watch out for sites that try and sell you worthless extras like extended warranties or accidental damage cover. Most of the time your household insurance will cover this and even some credit cards provide cover if you used it to make your purchase.
3. Watch out for sites offering "subsidised accident repair costs". The truth is, it is you that is actually subsidising the accident repair costs, due to the higher phone prices you will pay. Don't fall for this, save your hard earned money and buy from a trusted and honest company like ours.
4. Always purchase from a GST registered New Zealand company or business that is actually based in New Zealand and not in some overseas country. Remember its not hard to register a New Zealand ".co.nz" domain name and give the impression you are a New Zealand business when in fact the business is located in another country, thousands of km's away.
5. Buying from a New Zealand company that offers proper local customer support is worth its weight in gold if you have an issue with the item or product you purchased. Buy from a trusted GST registered New Zealand company like ours, that is proud to display genuine "Customer Testimonials".
6. Be extremely careful of drop shippers on various auction sites and marketplaces selling cheap phones. For example, no drop shipper making a $50.00 profit on a rugged phone is ever going to be able to refund you $600.00 if your phone is faulty or needs to be replaced. Most drop shippers will not hold or have access to, spare parts for the phones they sell either. Think about that for a minute and then choose carefully.
7. Websites offering "0800" or "0508" numbers may look like they are in New Zealand but they could very well have a redirection on these numbers that get answered in another country.
8. Buying from a New Zealand company or business gives you a lot of protection in relation to your purchase. If you purchase from an overseas company or business and something goes wrong, their promises about service and product warranties are not binding in New Zealand and are worthless. This could end up costing you a lot of money. It's just not worth the risk!
9. Only a New Zealand GST registered company, business or sole trader can provide you with a tax invoice. Without a tax invoice you cannot claim a GST input credit.
Rugged Phones NZ Ltd the owner of this website, is a GST registered New Zealand company based in Christchurch.