Buying online can be a safe and a enjoyable experience but it is important to make sure of the following, especially if you are buying electronic goods.
1. Always purchase from a GST registered New Zealand company or business that is actually based in New Zealand not in some overseas country. Remember its not hard to register a New Zealand ".co.nz" domain name and give the impression you are a New Zealand business when in fact the business is located in another country, thousands of km's away.
2. Buying from a New Zealand company that offers proper local customer support is worth its weight in gold if you have an issue with the item or product you purchased. Don't risk it, buy from a trusted GST registered New Zealand company like ours.
3. Watch out for sites that offer a "trade only no warranty" low price for their goods. Never buy electronic goods without a warranty as even small repairs can be extremely expensive. We are a professional and ethical company that offers the same low prices and either a 6 month or a 12 month warranty on all our phones (see individual phone listing)
4. Beware of sites that offer you some "exclusive service" for free, when in fact you are really paying for it through their inflated prices. Remember "the devil is always in the detail".
5. Be extremely careful of drop shippers on various auction sites and marketplaces selling cheap phones. No drop shipper making a $50.00 profit on a rugged phone is ever going to be able to refund you $600.00 if your phone is faulty or needs to be replaced. Think about that for a minute and then choose carefully.
6. Be aware of traders selling cheap phones on marketplaces who offer warranty's and promises. The question you need to ask yourself is this, will they still be there if you have a warranty claim say in 6 months time? Going by many reports we have received, the answer will most probably be no.
7. Websites offering "0800" or "0508" numbers may look like they are in New Zealand but they could very well have a redirection on these numbers that get answered in another country.
8. Buying from a New Zealand company or business gives you a lot of protection in relation to your purchase. If you purchase from an overseas company or business and something goes wrong, their promises about service and product warranties are not binding in New Zealand and are worthless. This could end up costing you a lot of money. It's just not worth the risk!
9. Only a New Zealand GST registered company, business or sole trader can provide you with a tax invoice. Without a tax invoice you cannot claim a GST input credit.
Rugged Phones NZ Ltd (NZBN 9429047379831) the owner of this website, is a GST registered New Zealand company (GST # 128520295) based in Christchurch.