Buying online can be a safe and a enjoyable experience but it is important to make sure of the following, especially if you are buying electronic goods.
1. Always purchase from a GST registered New Zealand company or business that is actually based in New Zealand not in some overseas country. Remember its not hard to register a New Zealand ".co.nz" domain name and give the impression you are a New Zealand business when in fact the business is located in another country, thousands of km's away.
If a company says they are a New Zealand company, ask them for their Registered Company Number or New Zealand Business Number and then ask them for their GST number. If they cant provide these then they are most definitely not a GST registered New Zealand Company or Business.
2. Check a websites feedback and their testimonials. Customer support is everything. If you are about to buy a new phone, you need to know that the company or business you are buying from will stand behind their product and their warranty obligations. Don't become a disappointed customer like most of these ones here! (page opens in a new window).
3. Watch out for sites that offer a "trade only no warranty" low price for their goods. Never buy electronic goods without a warranty as even small repairs can be extremely expensive. We are a professional and ethical company that offers the same low prices and a 12 month warranty to all our customers!
4. Be extremely carefull of drop shippers on various auction sites and marketplaces selling cheap phones who claim to be in New Zealand but are really based overseas, their advertising can easily mislead you.
We have received feedback from some of our customers who have purchased cheap phones from overseas sellers and have experienced major issues such as receiving the wrong items, not receiving the item at all, item returns not being accepted and genuine warranty claims being rejected. Don't risk it, deal with a trusted GST registered New Zealand company like us.
5. Websites offering "0800" or "0508" numbers may look like they are in New Zealand but they could very well have a redirection on these numbers that get answered in another country.
6. Buying from a New Zealand company or business gives you a lot of protection in relation to your purchase. If you purchase from an overseas company or business and something goes wrong, their promises about service and product warranties are not binding in New Zealand and are worthless. This could end up costing you a lot of money. It's just not worth the risk!
7. Buying from a New Zealand company that offers proper local customer support is worth its weight in gold if you have an issue with the item or product you purchased. Don't risk it, buy from a trusted GST registered New Zealand company like ours.
With warranty service contracts in place with specialist phone service repair centres in New Zealand, together with our phone parts importing business, you can have total confidence in our backup and customer support services in the event of an approved warranty claim.
8. Only a New Zealand GST registered company, business or sole trader can provide you with a tax invoice, which for business people is very important. Without a tax invoice you cannot claim a GST input credit.
Rugged Phones NZ Ltd (NZBN 9429047379831) the owner of this website, is a GST registered New Zealand company (GST # 128520295) based in Christchurch.
Copyright © 2019 Rugged Phones NZ Ltd (NZBN 9429047379831) - All Rights Reserved.